There’s one single oil that’s simply packed full of absolutely essential fatty acids that your body not only needs but secretly craves!
It’s derived from one of the oldest “health foods” on the planet…the humble coconut. But little did we know just how potent the oil from coconuts could actually be for our health. Coconuts contain MCT’s — medium-chain fatty acid triglycerides — which are literally some of the best, and healthiest fats you can consume.
Benefits of MCT oil include weight loss, increased fat burning, and many other long term advantages. And MCT Oil can be used in so many different ways, from bulletproof coffee, smoothies to salad dressings. If you are new to the ketogenic diet, you’ll find that MCT oil is a good fat often mentioned in keto recipes and keto programs.
MCT Oil Benefits
MCT oil has some amazing health benefits when consumed regularly, including:
- Enhanced Mental Focus: The energy boost provided from MCT oil provides a long steady stream of fuel for the body and brain health — the brain which actually prefers to be fueled by fats. This consistent source of energy helps remove brain fog.
- Boosts Metabolism: Due to the efficient conversion of MCTs into energy and the direct pathway of MCT oil to the mitochondria (your body’s power plants), your metabolism increases as does your body’s propensity to burn stored fat.
- Helps Your Body Process Ketones: The introduction of healthy fats as a fuel source will help your body convert from a sugar-burning centric organism to a pure fat or hybrid-energy burning organism.
- Burn Fat: As mentioned above, MCT oil will help increase your metabolism and your usage of fat as a resource to help your body burn stored fat for energy.
- Decrease cravings: Studies have shown that MCT oil found in coconut oil helps reduce cravings between meals and decreases food intake at your following meal.
These are just a few life-changing benefits of incorporating MCT oil into your diet!
And, you’ll notice an almost immediate boost in your energy and stamina when you start taking MCT oil on a regular basis.
There’s so much more to this story though. Take another minute and discover why I think adding MCT oil into your wellness routine on a daily basis could be one of the best things you can do for your weight and your overall health.
I know that “conventional wisdom” says that fat is BAD for you, but it’s that kind of blanket generalization that got us in these health crises including the obesity epidemic, to begin with.
You absolutely need to get MORE good fats in your diet to lose weight and gain optimal health.
We’ve been literally brainwashed into believing that eliminating fat from our diet is the clear path to health, but that’s not the right story.
Good dietary fats come with these additional amazing health benefits:
- Maintain healthy cholesterol levels: Good fats, such as those found in avocado and coconut (and MCTs), assist with raising your HDL levels (good cholesterol) and can help improve your lipid profile overall.
- Maintain cardiovascular health: The saturated fats in coconut oil lead to an increase of HDL levels overall and an improved lipid profile. This good fat comes from medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which the body can convert into energy much more efficiently
- Keep a healthy blood sugar level: Since MCTs are more readily utilized for energy than most food sources, MCTs are able to help your body maintain a consistent level of energy. This regulates your blood sugar and reduces cravings as an added benefit!
- Reduce inflammation: A diet rich in good fat can contribute to reduced inflammation within the body. MCTs contain antioxidant properties, which help to propel these anti-inflammatory benefits for those with joint pain to chronic inflammation.
And a whole lot more!
You can start getting more of these good fats into your diet by eating avocados, walnuts, and other nuts, olives, and olive oil and other delicious foods!
And there’s also another sure-fire way to get more good fat into your diet… find out more about how to start getting the BEST type of fat into your diet now!