As early February approaches, I know many of you are beginning to prep for the upcoming Super Bowl Sunday. We all know holidays and events that revolve around enjoying tasty foods can be tricky when you’re trying to be proactive about optimizing your health. Luckily, I have a few delicious, keto-friendly food recipes and game day keto snacks to share. And, these healthy, perfect for Super Bowl recipes come directly from my new book, High Fiber Keto.
While you join the American tradition of watching football, you will not have to worry about what you’re noshing on during game day or feel like you can’t partake in some of the celebrations. These keto football food recipes won’t leave you or your guests feeling like they have missed something on game day, either. Enjoy!
Keto Super Bowl and Game Day Snack Recipes
KETO CRACKERS RECIPE
Makes 8 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
A super easy and delicious keto Super Bowl snack is my Keto Crackers recipe. These crackers are actually a staple at my house and a favorite of my kids and mine all year round! Not only are these a great crunchy keto snack, but these crackers also add a hint of fiber to support your microbiome.
½ cup ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried rosemary
1 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Whisk the egg in a mixing bowl. Add the other ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place the dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to roll the dough so that it is flat and even, about ⅛ of an inch thick.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and use a knife to score the dough into 1 ½ -inch squares.
- Slide the parchment with the scored dough onto a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and break the crackers apart on the scored lines. Flip the crackers over and return them to the oven. Bake for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let the crackers cool completely to harden.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1⁄8 batch of crackers): calories 70 • fat 5 g • protein 3 g • carbs 4 g • fiber 4 g
BAKED ARTICHOKE SPINACH DIP KETO RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Who doesn’t love cheesy, savory artichoke dip? My version of this Super Bowl appetizer recipe is a favorite, is made with keto ingredients to duplicate the satisfying, rich and flavorful tastes and textures used in the classic version…but better! It’s perfect for a platter of Keto Crackers and sliced raw veggies. If you have any leftovers, you can use them as a filling for mushrooms or bell peppers – just bake for 15 minutes for another hearty High Fiber Keto meal.
20 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and pressed to remove excess water, divided
⅓ cup chopped Jerusalem artichokes
2 cloves garlic
4 ounces cream cheese
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
4 cups chopped spinach
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. In a food processor combine 14 ounces (or 1 package) of the artichoke hearts, the Jerusalem artichokes, garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, and cheddar cheese and process until smooth.
- Chop the remaining artichoke hearts and add to a bowl along with the spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and artichoke-cheddar mixture. Stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in an oven-safe baking dish, top with the Parmesan cheese, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden-brown on top. Serve warm.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1/4 dip): calories 310 • fat 22 g • protein 14 g • carbs 14 g • fiber 3 g
Keto Super Bowl and Game Day Wings Recipe
KETO CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
A keto-friendly version of a traditional game day food, this chicken wings recipe is crispy, crunchy, and beyond satisfying. I love serving these keto wings with fresh vegetables and my creamy Blue Cheese dip, which brings this healthy Super Bowl recipe to the next level!
1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup avocado oil, divided
1 pound chicken wings
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika or cayenne
¼ cup keto-approved, no sugar added hot sauce
4 large carrots, halved
8 celery stalks, halved
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a wire rack inside. Brush the rack with 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. The internal temperature should be around 170° F.
- Mix the rest of the avocado oil with the seasonings and hot sauce in a large bowl. Then toss the hot wings in the mixture.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks and Blue Cheese Dip.
Blue Cheese Dip
¼ cup Avocado Mayo (see below) or full-fat Greek yogurt
½ cup sour cream
½ cup blue cheese crumbles
3 teaspoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine. Include the cream for a thinner dip. Store covered in the fridge and serve cold.
Avocado Mayo (optional)
Makes about 1 cup
1 egg yolk
1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
¾ teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste), divided
½ teaspoon turmeric
¾ cup avocado oil
- Place the egg and egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and turmeric in a food processor.
- Process until combined (about 30 seconds). Then with the food processor running, use the attachment that allows you to slowly add oil to add the avocado oil, blending until it is completely emulsified.
- Taste for salt, adding more if preferred. Store mayo in the refrigerator.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1⁄4 wings with Blue Cheese Dip and veggies): calories 500 • fat 46 g • protein 25 g • carbs 11 g • fiber 3 g
Keto Super Bowl and Game Day Dessert Recipe
KEY LIME SHORTBREAD KETO RECIPE
Makes 12 servings
Prep time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
This keto Super Bowl dessert won’t disappoint, with just the right amount of citrusy lime flavor plus a touch of sweetness. This delicious shortbread will appease your sweet tooth while still keeping you in nutritional ketosis.
¼ cup butter
¼ cup Simply GOODFATS Organic MCT Oil
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
2 teaspoons whole-leaf ground stevia or monk fruit extract
1 ½ cups almond flour
1 tablespoon coconut flour
¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine butter, MCT oil, lime juice, lime zest, egg, and sweetener together using a mixer.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, and salt and mix well.
- Roll the dough into a 2-inch diameter log, wrap it in parchment, and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice the log of dough into 12 round cookies (about ¼ inch thick) and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Flatten and shape each cookie as needed since they won’t spread when baked.
- Bake the cookies until slightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let them cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 cookie): calories 160 • fat 15 g • protein 4 g • carbs 3 g • fiber 2 g
For more high fiber keto recipes and much more in-depth information, check out my upcoming book, High Fiber Keto. You can join the waitlist for the book too!
Also, don’t forget to sign up for my weekly newsletter where you’ll get the newest keto and wellness news, tips, tricks, special offers, and tasty recipes delivered right to your inbox.