I have practiced fasting for decades and one of the results that makes me feel most fulfilled is how fasting has transformed my cravings. Like many of you, I have a huge sweet tooth, and the decadence of cheesecake used to be one of my ultimate indulgences. But the amount of sugar in traditional cheesecake, along with refined flours and poor quality dairy, aggravated my system and prevented the healing process from eczema.
As a result, I made the decision to only put good fats and whole, real foods in my body. With this makeover of classic strawberry cheesecake, I created a smoothie that provides the luscious, creamy, and rich essence of cheesecake while optimizing the good fats from high-quality dairy, MCT oil, omega 3’s from flax seeds and the bonus nutritional boost of powerphenols, such as those found in bergamot.
Enjoy this recipe on a Low day, or add a protein supplement on a High day.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond, hemp, macadamia or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup full-fat, organic ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil or coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup organic strawberries
- 2 to 3 drops real bergamot extract (optional)
- dash sea salt
- 1 serving collagen or whey protein (optional on a High day)
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and puree until silky smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Facts: (serving size: 1 smoothie) Fat: 22 g Protein: 12 g Fiber: 5 g Carb: 19 g Net Carb: 14 g